Thanks to fast-paced, stressful lifestyles, it should come as no surprise that many Americans suffer from anxiety, panic disorders, and insomnia. To help counteract these health conditions, doctors prescribe benzodiazepines, also referred to as benzos. Unfortunately, as with many prescription drugs, benzos come with a risk for substance abuse that may require the help of a benzo addiction treatment center.
At Olympic Behavioral Health, we offer benzo addiction treatment to help those in our community and beyond heal. If you have become dependent on benzos to feel calm, we can help you detach from this sedative drug. Call us today at (561) 272-0800 to learn more about how our benzo addiction treatment program in West Palm Beach, FL, can help you lead a happier, healthier life.
WHAT ARE BENZOS?
Benzos, or benzodiazepines, are sedative drugs for treating health conditions such as anxiety, panic, seizures, and insomnia. They help you feel more relaxed by alleviating overstimulation through the brain neurotransmitter GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid). Some examples of benzodiazepines include:
Benzos can help prevent or ease crippling anxiety and panic attacks for many people. However, these calming drugs can also lead to dependence.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE ADDICTED TO BENZOS?
Some people obtain benzos without a prescription either by getting them from a friend or family member with a legitimate prescription or by purchasing them illegally. Even if you have a prescription from your doctor, you can still develop an addiction. Benzos should only be used as prescribed by your doctor and should be supplemented with therapy and lifestyle changes to help manage your stress and mental health.
The following signs may indicate a dependence or addiction to benzos:
- You have developed a tolerance to the drug and need higher doses to achieve the same level of relaxation.
- You experience withdrawal symptoms about 10 hours to a few days after you stop using benzos, including increased anxiety, nausea, vomiting, digestive upset, mood swings, and cravings.
- Your benzo use is interfering with your performance at work or school.
- You are doctor shopping to get multiple prescriptions for benzos.
If you notice any of the above symptoms, your benzo use may have transitioned from helpful to hurtful. Reaching out to a benzo addiction treatment center in West Palm Beach, FL, can help you regain control.
HOW CAN A BENZO ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER IN WEST PALM BEACH, FL, HELP?
Benzo addiction treatment centers in West Palm Beach, FL, can help you get past your benzo abuse so that you can move on to a healthier lifestyle. This type of substance abuse treatment program can help you recover with:
- Medications to help you get through the detox period safely and comfortably
- Behavioral therapies like cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to help you examine the causes of your benzo use disorder and cultivate healthier behaviors for managing stress and anxiety
- Group therapy and family therapy to address relationship patterns that are contributing to stress and mental health conditions
If you struggle with benzo abuse and want to find healthier ways to deal with anxiety and stress, reach out to your local benzo addiction treatment center in West Palm Beach, FL.
OLYMPIC BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: YOUR RELIABLE BENZO ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER IN WEST PALM BEACH, FL
When you need help recovering from benzodiazepine addiction in Florida, Olympic Behavioral Health is here to support you. Our benzo addiction treatment program in West Palm Beach, FL, offers a choice of partial hospitalization programs in FL, an intensive outpatient program in FL, and outpatient with the option of sober housing in luxurious accommodations near the beach. You deserve to recover in comfort. Call us today at (561) 272-0800 to heal from benzo addiction and move on to the relaxed, happy lifestyle you desire.