Alcohol is often a part of social events, holidays, and other celebrations. While it can seem like a harmless way to kick back and have fun, alcohol use can become problematic for some people, requiring professional help from a substance abuse treatment center in West Palm Beach, Florida for alcohol dependence. How do you know if alcohol is interfering with your well-being? And what do you do if you find it challenging to reduce your alcohol consumption?
At Olympic Behavioral Health in West Palm Beach, FL, we understand that it can be frustrating when the alcohol that once seemed to fuel your social life is now turning on you. Alcohol addiction can hurt your health and relationships, but you do not have to settle for less than the life you desire. Our alcohol addiction treatment program in West Palm Beach, FL, offers luxury accommodations, so you can feel comfortable and pampered as you break free from your alcohol dependence. Call us today at (561) 272-0800 to learn more about how we can help you recover in comfort in a beautiful beach community.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE ADDICTED TO ALCOHOL?
It is not always obvious when you have a problem with alcohol. You are probably familiar with the most noticeable signs of severe alcohol addiction:
- Needing a drink first thing in the morning
- Loss of job due to excessive absences or being under the influence at work
- Getting into trouble often while drinking, such as getting into fights, committing crimes, and getting arrested for driving under the influence
- Being unable to get through the day without alcohol
While these are clear signs of alcohol addiction, some other signs may appear earlier to indicate a growing dependence on alcohol. Being aware of the early signs of alcohol abuse can help you curb your use before it develops into a full-blown addiction. If you notice the following signs, you may want to evaluate how your alcohol use is affecting your life:
- Binge drinking is considered four or more drinks in two hours for women and five or more for men. This is not necessarily indicative of alcohol dependency, but it can put you at a higher risk for addiction, especially if it happens often.
- Daily drinking may be concerning when women drink three or more drinks, and men have four or more daily. Although this may not seem like a large amount of alcohol, it can indicate a potential problem if it occurs daily.
- If you have difficulty moderating your consumption and often drink more than planned or have trouble stopping once you start, this can be a sign that you are dealing with alcohol dependence or addiction.
Awareness of a higher risk of alcohol addiction can empower you to cut back or discontinue your alcohol consumption. If you find that you cannot do so on your own, you may need the help of an alcohol addiction treatment program in West Palm Beach, FL.
HOW CAN AN ALCOHOL ADDICTION TREATMENT PROGRAM IN WEST PALM BEACH, FL, HELP?
Alcohol addiction treatment programs in West Palm Beach, FL, can help you end your dependence on alcohol, no matter how severe. When you enroll in this type of substance abuse treatment program, you can expect:
- Behavioral therapies such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) help you examine the underlying reasons for drinking and how you can make positive changes in your life.
- Medications may be used in some cases, especially if you are struggling with severe alcohol addiction. These can help minimize the discomfort of withdrawal symptoms.
- Group therapy and family therapy can help strengthen your support system and rebuild your relationships.
Even if your condition is not severe, you may still want to reach out to your local alcohol addiction treatment program in West Palm Beach, FL. The earlier you address your issues with problematic alcohol use, the easier it is to get back in control of your life.
OLYMPIC BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: YOUR TOP ALCOHOL ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER IN WEST PALM BEACH, FL
When you need support for alcohol abuse in South Florida, Olympic Behavioral Health is here to help. Our alcohol addiction treatment center in West Palm Beach, FL, offers various addiction treatment options to meet your needs, including partial hospitalization programs in Florida and intensive outpatient programs in Florida, and outpatient programs in West Palm Beach, FL. Call us today at (561) 272-0800 to get started on the path to your new sober life.