Addiction can affect people from all age groups and socioeconomic backgrounds. Admitting that you have an addiction disorder can be a very difficult step, and deciding to leave that lifestyle behind is scarier. A drug and alcohol rehab in West Palm Beach, FL can feel intimidating due to the stigma attached and because it can mean leaving your comfort zone behind and asking for professional help. It means changing behaviors, habits, social circles, diet, and other hobbies. Even though change is usually feared, it is for the best.
If you or a loved one has a substance use disorder in Florida, you would know that drug and alcohol rehab in FL is often resisted. But more often than not, it is the only solution that can help a person fully recover. “Addiction Rehab” is a blanket term for comprehensive, supervised addiction treatment programs designed to help people with substance use by giving them the right tools. Rehab can help you recover from addiction safely and achieve sobriety after detox. The form and length of treatment differ based on your personal needs, current situation, and substance dependence. There is no one-size-fits-all rehab treatment for everyone, so it’s important to know if rehab is the right option for you and then choose a program that specifically meets your needs.
Why Go to Rehab for Addiction Treatment in Florida?
If you are on the fence about whether rehab is the right option, the following reasons might help you decide.
- Quitting substance use on your own can be risky: If you have been using drugs or alcohol for a long time and experience severe withdrawal symptoms every time you take a break, you should detox in a supervised environment. Some withdrawal symptoms are very hazardous, such as high spikes in blood pressure, seizures, blackouts, hallucinations, and panic attacks. Experiencing such side effects while you are on your own can be extremely dangerous, but a rehab facility can ensure that you end up endangering yourself more.
- Increase your life expectancy: it is widely understood that substance users have a much shorter life expectancy than people who do not consume drugs or alcohol. Not only does substance abuse put you and others around you in danger (drunk driving, for example), but it can also lead to serious health issues, such as organ failure, depression, or a lethal overdose. Substance poisoning is one of the leading causes of death in the USA today. A drug and alcohol rehab program in West Palm Beach, FL, can help turn your life around even if you have lost all hope. By letting go of past unhealthy habits, you can establish a new life full of well-informed decisions and peace of mind and rebuild healthier relationships.
- Maintain sobriety. An effective drug and alcohol rehab program in West Palm Beach, FL, is about achieving sobriety and learning how to live sober in the long run. You will learn different coping skills for different situations, set life goals, maintain healthy habits, and bring positive changes in your life. You will also discover your personality without alcohol and drugs and learn to be comfortable with it.
Types of Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Treatment Available in FL
Rehabilitation programs for addiction will differ for every person and can be customized based on their unique needs and circumstances. The best programs are those that require the active involvement of the patient every step of the way. A typical rehabilitation treatment involves the same steps toward recovery:
- Detoxification: The process of removing alcohol and drugs from the person’s system safely.
- Intensive Outpatient Therapy: 3 -5 days a week group and individual therapy for drug and alcohol addiction in Florida
- Therapy: Helping patients change the habits that come with or trigger their substance use.
- Socialization: Teaching patients new ways to become valuable members of society.
There are different types of rehabilitation programs available in FL, such as:
Inpatient Rehab in Florida
Inpatient treatment takes place in a hospital setting, and it’s best for people who require medical supervision during detox. This option is best for those who are battling serious substance addiction and/or experience severe withdrawal symptoms. Patients staying at these rehab centers receive 24/7 medical, addiction, and moral support. They usually have the option to stay in a single or shared room and have to attend both individual and group counseling sessions.
Counseling and behavior therapy is an effective way to treat substance use. Cognitive behavior therapy is a valuable treatment program as it can be used for different addiction types, including food, alcohol, and prescription drugs. Not only can it identify unhealthy habits and behavioral patterns, but it can also help recognize triggers and learn coping skills. Family systems therapy is another form of counseling that encourages an improved family dynamic and is best for treating substance abuse in adults.
Intensive Outpatient Programs in Florida
Intensive outpatient programs in FL are ideal for people who are struggling with mild to moderate substance use disorder. The goal of this IOP addiction treatment in FL is to provide people with the right tools and coping skills to live their lives without depending on drugs or alcohol. Patients stay at home but go to the rehab center for treatment sessions. This addiction therapy in West Palm Beach, FL, provides flexibility and is ideal for people with many career or personal commitments to maintain. Outpatient rehab works best if the patient has a safe and secure home environment.
Partial Hospitalization Programs in Florida
A partial hospitalization program in FL for drugs and alcohol abuse is a comprehensive mental health treatment where patients participate in activities during the day and go back home for the night. They are best for more severe substance addiction and are sometimes called day programs. Under this PHP addiction treatment in West Palm Beach, FL, intensive medical care is provided while still allowing patients to live their lives outside the facility.
Do Drug Addicts Have to go to Rehab for Addiction Treatment?
Addiction is dangerous, and quitting any drug or alcohol “cold turkey” can have serious medical consequences. While it is okay to recover from mild drug and alcohol addiction, moderate to severe drug and alcohol addiction should be left to the professionals. Drug and alcohol rehab programs in West Palm Beach, FL, offer patients a safe and supportive environment for recovery while preventing any probability of a future relapse.
Olympic Behavioral Health combines cutting-edge addiction treatment methods with a compassionate environment to promote long-term recovery. As part of the rehabilitation program, you will be working alongside clinicians who will assist you in setting recovery goals, tracking your progress, and providing the right after-care tools that will prevent any relapses.