For any addiction treatment in West Palm Beach, FL to be complete, addiction therapy programs in FL must be a part of the plan. However, not all addiction treatment therapy in West Palm Beach, FL, is the same, and it is just as essential to pick the right therapy modalities as it is to choose the right addiction treatment center in West Palm Beach, FL. Suppose you have tried therapy in the past for mental health or addiction but have not experienced the results you desired. In that case, you may want to consider a dialectical behavior therapy program (DBT) in West Palm Beach, FL.
At Olympic Behavioral Health, an addiction treatment center in West Palm Beach, Florida, we provide a variety of addiction therapy programs in South Florida, so you are sure to find the one that suits you best. Even if therapy has not benefited you in the past, our dialectical behavior therapy program in West Palm Beach, FL, may be just what you need to overcome your struggles with addiction to drugs and alcohol. Call us today at (561) 272-0800 to find out if DBT in FL may be suitable for you.
WHAT IS DIALECTICAL BEHAVIOR THERAPY IN WEST PALM BEACH, FL?
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a form of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), but it is more beneficial for certain people than the usual CBT. CBT can work wonders for people with anxiety and depression in managing their condition. However, CBT can potentially exacerbate other mental health conditions like eating and personality disorders.
So, what is different about dialectical behavior therapy? DBT approaches mental health and addiction differently than other types of addiction treatment therapy in South Florida:
- It aims to minimize inflammatory emotional responses to stimuli and help you maintain better emotional balance.
- It promotes acceptance and non-judgment of one’s current situation.
- There is less emphasis on exploring one’s thoughts, but you will be encouraged to notice when you have distressing thoughts and find ways to redirect them.
- It helps you identify triggers and come up with healthy ways to cope with those triggers.
- It incorporates mindfulness techniques to help you deal with the circumstances in your life over which you have little to no control.
Dialectical behavior therapy in Florida may be the best addiction treatment therapy in West Palm Beach, FL, for those who feel stuck in a cycle of negative thoughts and behaviors.
HOW CAN A DIALECTICAL BEHAVIOR THERAPY PROGRAM IN WEST PALM BEACH, FL, SUPPORT YOUR RECOVERY?
Recovery from addiction to drugs and alcohol can seem nearly impossible if you are not fully committed to the process. For many people who do not succeed with traditional addiction therapy programs in Florida, dialectical behavior therapy can provide some hope by addressing addiction and its correlating behaviors from another angle. A therapist may opt for DBT in the following cases:
- Untreated mental health conditions – Some mental illnesses can make a person distrusting and unwilling to admit they are struggling with their mental health, such as schizophrenia and borderline personality disorder.
- Denial of an addiction – It can be tough to admit when you are struggling with addiction due to the fear of stigma. However, it can be more challenging to successfully treat a client unwilling to admit they have a problem. DBT can go about the therapy process differently to work better for people in this situation.
- Powerful emotional reactions – If a person angers easily, gets overly defensive, or shows a strong resistance to change, DBT may be more effective.
- The client is not responding to talk therapy – Some people find it challenging to think about or talk about painful emotions, so DBT can be a better choice.
- High risk for self-harm or suicide – A client suffering from tendencies to self-harm may be unable to use traditional CBT techniques that require logic and reasoning to reframe their unhealthy thoughts.
DBT can help you achieve lasting recovery despite previous attempts to kick your addiction. If prior relapses have you feeling defeated and unmotivated, DBT can provide you with another chance to reclaim the health and happiness you deserve.
OLYMPIC BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: ENJOY A HEALTHY RECOVERY WITH DBT IN WEST PALM BEACH, FL
At Olympic Behavioral Health, we put your recovery needs first. Even the most challenging cases of addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders can be helped with our dialectical behavior therapy program in West Palm Beach, FL. Call (561) 272-0800 to determine if DBT may be the missing piece of the puzzle for your lasting recovery.